Monday, January 29, 2007

1/28/07 - Heroes: "with great power..."

When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
Luke 12:48 (NLT)

Hiro: We're changing the future. By taking action, we've changed something.

Ando: What if we make it worse? And if there's going to be a nuclear explosion, shouldn't we be flying away from the bomb?
Hiro: A hero doesn't run away from his destiny. My only concern is whether I need to hide my true identity. Perhaps a costume?
Ando: You even mention tights and a cape, I'm going home.
Heroes: One Giant Leap (Season 1, Episode 3)

And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.
Mark 12:30-31 (NLT)

Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option…

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man.
Peter Parker (from the movie, “Spiderman”)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home